OUR RELOCATION PACKAGE
For roles offered by Te Whatu Ora, we offer a relocation package for international applicants that covers the cost of:
- Payment of costs for shipping of household goods
- One-way economy travel fare, plus one night's accommodation for a layover for you, your partner, and any children under the age of 19 who will live with you.*
- Airport transfers to your accommodation on arrival in New Zealand.
- Up to 4 weeks paid temporary accommodation while we help you find a place to live
- Up to 4 weeks of car rental costs.
For an individual to be eligible for relocation assistance, all of the following criteria must be met:
- You currently live outside of New Zealand.
- You have been offered employment by Te Whatu Ora after 21 November 2022.
- This direction does not replace existing contractual arrangements that the employee might be entitled to (e.g. RMOs coming to New Zealand from an Australian placement as part of an approved Australasian training programme).
- You are to be employed in a full time permanent position or to a full time fixed-term contract of no less than 12 months duration.
- A bond agreement is entered into at the time of employment.
* The cost of one night’s accommodation for a layover will be covered if your flights require a layover to reach New Zealand, and one flight is longer than 12 hours.
If someone leaves Te Whatu Ora before completing 12 months of employment, they are required to pay all relocation costs back, regardless of the amount of time they have worked.